Thursday, December 16, 2010
If only I could get a good shot of the BUMP!
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Monday, October 4, 2010
On Saturday morning, The little bugger and I got up and went to football. It was a nice morning, a little on the chilly side but when the sun came out it was well worth the wait!
5 mins before the game was to end at a 3-2 lead for the visitors, coach put my little bugger in a running position for the first time!!!! And wouldn't you now it, he scored his FIRST TOUCHDOWN!
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
But I have every intention of taking full control of my laptop, and the morning sickness will hopefully go away since as of tomorrow I will be 12 weeks!!!
Off to Football with the kids now, but I'll be BACK!!!!
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
It's an honor to be featured. Thank you
I’m a country girl, always have been! I get claustrophobic in the city, road rage in traffic, and I really don’t like being shoved around! That being said, I still venture out to the city now and then to marvel at the sights. Welcome to Montreal, Quebec, Canada, City of 4 seasons, breathtaking views, and the best festivals in the world.
I’ll start our trip in my home town, 30 miles or so east from the big city. In St-Lazare you’ll find everything you need within a 5 min drive. Want fresh produce in the summer, you have to take a trip the local farms. There you will find vine fresh tomato’s that are still warm from the sun, juicy cucumbers that are the greenest you’ve ever seen, and the sweetest corn on the Plant!
Do you like adventure, history, architecture? Take a 15 min drive to Mont Rigaud. There you can scale the mountain side, surf the tree tops, go on a 2 ½ hour rafting ride, see the historical Notre Dame de Lourde Sanctuary. (My grandmother once told me that all the rocks there used to be potatoes, funny how I remember that)
Now off to the city we go(less than an hour away)… Don’t forget your camera, you’ll want to have it handy in case you see a super star (just last week, Brad Pitt was spotted downtown) Montreal has been witness to many star sightings, sometimes alone and sometimes in very large groups like during the Formula One race in June/July! (I’ve never been that lucky)
Some of the movies shot in and around Montreal are The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz (1974), The Jackal (1997), The Whole Nine Yards (2000), The Score (2001), Taking Lives (2004), Blades of Glory (2006), and let’s not forget (or my kids will have my head)
Spiderwick Chronicles was partially shot in at Cap St Jacques. I actually took the kids to see the house that was built for the outdoor shots of the movie. The list goes on and on, but I’ll let you Google it for yourselves.
Home of the 1976 Summer Olympics, you must stop to see the “Big Owe” and Olympic village. Do you remember gymnast Nadia Comaneci’s perfect score?
Next were off to the Old Port… HUMM, what would you like to do today? Boating, Quadricycle, catch the IMAX show, visit the gardens. How about lunch at one of the many Terraces, then a horse drawn carriage ride followed but an Amphi-Bus tour. Walk the cobblestone street and learn about the Montreal heritage, stop by a museum. Live shows and street performers are on every corner get a cartoon image of you as a souvenir. For those who like a little action, a jet tour of the St Lawrence Seaway rapids hit the spot!
Home of many festivals, including “Just for Laughs” there is always something to do in the city.
For those who enjoy winter sports the city also has outdoor skating, ice fishing, snowshoeing, dog sledding, snowmobiling, can’t forgot hockey, but for a real thrill, head up north to one of the many ski slops within driving distance. St-Sauveur highlights 38 trails, and has really fun tube sliding. (Ask my kids) Home to the Saint-Sauveur de Lille Church. (Celine Dion was married there) St Sauveur’s picturesque village will leave you feeling like staying! Next on our stop is Mont Tremblant. (A.k.a. Little Switzerland) With 95 runs overseeing the village you’ll have plenty to keep you warm and cozy. In the mood for a snack, you MUST have a “Beaver tail”. Served warm with your choice of many toppings, these whole wheat pastries are in my opinion the perfect food to keep warm. That and you must have a Poutine (French fries drenched in gravy with cheese curds)
I have been asked what my favorite time of year is and I have to say I have two. Spring for its fresh scent and budding trees, chipping birds and of course the return of long summer hours approaching. But really I have to say Fall. For one it’s my favorite time to go here, Spa Ofuro is an outdoor Thermotherapy Spa, and in the fall its amazing colors are breathtaking. What better way to watch the colored leaves fall, and animals get ready for winter than soaking in an outdoor hot tub, or resting in front of a wood burning fire… Can Life get any better???
Montreal is crazy about its Hockey team, you’ll see a plethora of cars ridding around with many Habs flags hanging from windows.
So come to Montreal, but be warned you’ll be busy!!!!
Leave me a message and follow, I'll follow back!!!
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
1. Where were you three hours ago? On my way to work
2. Who are you in love with? Better half and kids
3. Have you ever eaten a crayon? probably when I was a kid
4. Is there anything pink within 10 feet of you? There might be???
5. When was the last time you went to the mall? I avoid the mall, too many rude people!!!
6. Are you wearing socks right now? No
7. Do you have a car worth over $2000? Yes
8. When was the last time you drove out of town? August, vacation in Niagara
9. Have you been to the movies in the last 5 days? No way, back to school, no time for movies!
10. Are you hot? actually they try to conserve us at work, it's freezing!
11. What was the last thing you had to drink? Coffee!
12. What are you wearing right now? maternity skirt and a sweater
13. Do you wash your car or let the car wash do it? None of the above, too many water restrictions here!
14. Last food you ate? Banana
15. Where were you last week at this time? Same old, same old, sitting at my desk having lunch!
16. Have you bought any clothing items in the last week? No! But I'll have to soon!!!
17. When was the last time you ran? yesterday, this morning??? 3 kids to get ready for school, probably this morning ;O)
18. What was the last sporting event you watched? Football, kids had two games this weekend
19. Your favorite animal? dog!
20. Your dream vacation? Greek Islands
21. Last person’s house you were in? The Banks!!!
22. Worst injury you ever had? Does a C-section count???
23. Have you been in love? Yes...
24. Do you miss anyone right now? my mom
25. Last play you saw? Radio History (grade 4 school play)
26. What is your secret weapon to lure the opposite sex? HUH?
27. What are your plans for tonight? take a NAP! Sleep, Sleep, Sleep!!!
28. Who is the last person to send you a Facebook message or comment? Josie
29. Next trip you are going to take? Mom is trying to buy a cottage in Gaspe, hopefully I'll spend part of the next summer there?!?!
30. Ever go camping? just got back!
31. Were you an honor student in school? Are you kidding me!!!!
32. What do you want to know about the future? girl/boy?
33. Are you wearing perfume or cologne? Not at the moment
34. Are you due sometime this year for a doctor’s visit? Sept 20th and then every month...
35. Where is your best friend? at work
36. How is your best friend? Sad to be back from Vacation!
37. Do you have a tan? Yes, farmers tan, too many football games...
38. What are you listening to right now? co-workers complain
39. Do you collect anything? dust bunnies!
40. Who is the biggest gossiper you know? oh boy!!!
41. Last time you got stopped by a cop or pulled over? Does my friend Dan count?? he pulls me over to say hi!
42. Have you ever drank your soda from a straw? Yes
43. What does your last text message say? call me!
44. Do you like hot sauce? yes, when I'm not preggers
45. Last time you took a shower? This morning
46. Do you need to do laundry? hummm, 3 kids????
47. What is your heritage? French Canadian and Dutch
48. Are you someone’s best friend? Yes
49. Are you rich? I would like to be????
50. What were you doing at 12 AM last night? Sleeping
Friday, August 27, 2010
Some have been asking if/what symptoms I've been feeling, so here goes...
•Breast Changes: tenderness, fullness, darkening of the areola
Check, check, and check!!! Sex during pregnancy is safe I know that, but what ever you do Don't touch the Bobbies!!!" OUCH!
Check, about every 30 mins I would say!!!
Oh baby, it takes ALOT of energy to make a baby!!!
Yuck, Morning, Afternoon, Evening and Night... Only a few weeks to go. (I hope)
Nope THANKS GOODNESS
•Heartburn or Indigestion
Don't eat spicy foods, and keep the antacid close!
So far so good!!!
PHEW! Need I say more?!?!
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
I know I'm rambling, but I'm TERRIFIED!!!
Why bother telling me!!!!!!!
Friday, August 20, 2010
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Friday, August 13, 2010
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Some of you might already know that we were on Vacation last week in Niagara Falls. (photo's to follow) Now that we're back I can write all about it... I did bring my lap top with me on this holiday but when camping you don't always have the means and the time (day light) to write...
Day one: After bringing Comet to the kennel, we stuffed the car, and took off. 2 and a half hours later, I finally had my little bugger back in my arms (5 weeks is way too long) and off to Rockport for a cruise that lead us to Boldt Castle. What a stunning place. The English gardens a well kept, the grass is fresh cut, and the inside that has been restored is BREATHTAKING!!! We even made a few wishes and threw some quarters in the pool. The 2 hours cruise that brought us there led us by the smallest international bridge, some awesome Victorian homes built on remote islands, we even saw some gals/guys cliff jumping (BTW that is so going on my bucket list) 30 mins after docking we arrived in Kingston at our camping site. We had quite and friendly neighbors from Gulph who were there to visit their 16 yr old son who was on leave from the Military Collage.
Day two: Up and Adam and off we go to Fort Henry. My grandparents took me to Fort Henry when I was a little girl, and I'm still awwed at the way it's run there. It's animated with students who dress up and act like they were living in the 1800's. Although Fort Henry has never seen Battle, it's still very interesting to see how times have changed... Can you imagine going to the bathroom in here....
After our trip to Fort Henry, we went to the pool at camping site, and relaxed waterfront!
Day 3: Off to Niagara we go(after stuffing the car again of course). Traffic was on our side and we made good time. We arrived at our new camping site and set up by 4:00PM. Off to dinner we went. "Can you believe the prices in tourist area's... 5 pers at Pizza Hut over 130$" After an overly expensive dinner we went to the main square for a ride on the Skywheel. This was Monday, a holiday in Ontario, so the fire works were all out! Check out the view..
We bought a package rate for the Skywheel that gave us access to the Movie Land Wax Museum, Ripley's Believe it or Not, mini putt, arcade tokens, and two other little rides that were fun, but I can't remember the names (ghost something, and FX ride of something) I bet the kids can tell me!
Phew! I'm tired already!
More to follow....
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Monday, August 9, 2010
Sorry, for some reason I can;t get the button to show!!!
1. Do you think mustaches are sexy? OH NO!!!
2. What's the last concert you've been to? John Mayer (what a cutie)
3 What was your favorite 80's sitcom? 90210, and I still watch it!
4. Were you named after anyone? My Godmother, Marie France
5. When you buy new clothes, do you wash before wearing? Sometimes, depends on what it is!!
6. If you didn't blog, what would you do with your spare time? CLEAN THE HOUSE!!!! (LOL)
7. What is your favorite department store? is Wal-Mart a dept store!!
8. If you were to get Laser Hair Removal..where would you get it? EVERYWHERE, I hate shaving!
Make sure you link up above and follow!
Friday, July 30, 2010
At my work there are 3 of these, and one just moved to the desk right in front of me!!! I can see them writing personal e-mails, playing games on line, starting rumors, taking 25 smoke breaks a day, being the all round B%$&H! And when deadlines are missed it’s always someone else fault!
This is one of my pet peeves! If you can’t do something right because you don’t know how, ASK DAMNIT! And if you want to waste every one’s time, GO HOME!!!!
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
It started out when we moved into our house, after both having 5 ½ apartments. Now we have a big house but I never thought we’d run out of room so fast!!
Add to that my niece (who I love to pieces) who lived with us for over a year every second weekend! Don’t get me wrong she’s the cutest little girly, girly girl I know! Yes! That means she changes her clothes at least 5 times a day!!!
Then came my brother… and his girlfriend (who is attached to him at the hip) so we cleaned out the basement (aka, play room) and set up an alcove for them! There goes my quite time!
Big house!!!! MY FOOT! All this movement has been draining me and I’m officially on the last ounce of patience! My kids are 10, 8 and 5, add a 4 year old, and two adults who act like spoiled teenagers, the cat, and the dog (ants, earwigs and spiders) and I’m off to that little room with the padded walls!!!!
So to get to the point, this past week the house feels like it’s TOO BIG! My brother finally got his own place and has taken his GF and his daughter (my Niece) with him. My little Bugger (6 year old son) is visiting his grandparents in NY (he’s been gone 5 weeks now). Little Miss is with her mom, and the 10 going on 17 is with his Dad! All that is left is The Man, The Cat, The Dog and I!
So you would think that I would be in Heaven!!! Float around in the pool, soak up the sun, and read a few good books, undisturbed by the word “Mommy”, the constant question “Can I have something to eat?” The bickering of children, “Mommmie, 10 going on 17 hit me!!!!” “Pulled my hair” “Won’t watch Star Wars with me”, stepping on Lego’s, dirty fingers… I think you get the point!!!
Hell NO!!! Instead I find myself, unable to relax, concentrate, and spreading out the Lego on the floor so that I can step on them!!!!
I’m really looking forward to having my family around me again and enjoying the sound of the bickering that come with them, even if we’re only going to be 5!
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
In an unsuccessful attempt to give my family and friends a way to see how our little BIG family was getting along, I started a blog at this time last year!!! Well a new year is here and now I am trying again!
Here's to the blog world and the hope that I can find the conviction to keep it up this year!!!!